Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Red Sox are World Series Bound!



What a season the Red Sox have had!  I'm so excited that they are headed to the World Series!  I'm looking forward to seeing them battle it out against the St. Louis Cardinals!  To celebrate the Red Sox's success we will be having a "World Series" of our own in class.  Here are the details:

     It's always been my desire to get my students excited to read but sometimes it's a struggle.  Since most of them love sports, I'm using that to get them excited to pick up a good book!  For the next two weeks, in class, we will be having a "Reading World Series."
     Students are being divided randomly into two teams (Red Sox and Cardinals).  When they read each night they will fill out a reading ticket that I have sent home.  Students need to bring the reading ticket back on the following day.  Every 15 minutes of reading will earn their team a base hit! The team with the most runs on the last day will earn a special reward.
     The reading incentive will last 9 days (9 innings).  On Monday I'll be sending home a letter and their reading tickets for all 9 days. 
     Please encourage your children to read and take part in a our friendly competition!  Play Ball!!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment